ALKS has been providing commercial flooring solutions to the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland area since 1998. With more than 50 years of industry experience, ALKS offers person-to-person support, consultation, and solutions for all of your specification, installation and maintenance requirements.
Specific responsibilities include; daily sales calls on existing customers and reaching out to new customers to gain business (design firms, facilities managers, end users).Must present products to architects, designers, and end users. Sales experience is required (preferably furniture and/or flooring). Additionally, he or she must continually prospect for new workable accounts while being conscious of what is happening within their geographic area.
- Work with architects, designers, flooring contractors, and end users to select appropriate products for their projects that fit within their design criteria, budget and time frame.
- Must be able to function in all commercial industry segments: Corporate, Retail, Health-Care, Assisted Living, Education, Government and other centers.
- Must be able to prepare and to skillfully execute sales presentations catering to the specific needs architectural/design firms, facility managers/facility designers, end users.
- Prospect new customers to solicit business.
- Fully create and manage project(s) from commencement to instillation. To include identifying opportunities, product(s) selection, specification, order placement, order tracking, delivery coordination, installation oversight, and communicate a proper maintenance program to designers and end users,
- Must be motivated and comfortable working and supporting a closely knit team environment.
- Must be able and competent to work with and manage customer base thru excel and/or salesforce.com
- Build relationships with existing and new customers by entertaining such as lunches, dinners or special events.
Sales Rep must implement the selling process in his/her area; they must have the ability to make good judgment decisions. A full understanding of the product line is essential. Furthermore, an understanding of the application that each product serves is critical. The ability to interface/communicate with a diverse group of customers in a friendly and respectable manner is a must. The ideal candidate will possess a flexible personality and be able to communicate clearly to other people, both orally and in written form.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent work experience required
- 5-10 Work Experience
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment: to include basic accounting, negotiating, prospecting new clients, networking, solution based selling, understanding product developments, design, and performance and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to call on Architects/Designers/End Users and other C-suite clients
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical and financial data to develop solutions
- Ability to travel
National Sales Director
Siena USA is an established flooring solutions company featuring a curated collection of fine interior products. We continually introduce what’s next and new in flooring design from manufacturers who exhibit ingenuity and uniqueness. Our collections are inspired by nature, and are sourced and manufactured sustainably. The ideal Siena hire is a self-motivated professional, interested in mastering knowledge of our products and dominating the marketplace. We offer leadership opportunities and mentorship for your ongoing development and success.
The Sales Director directs, develops, and guides the sales activities for our entire organization. Our Sales Director creates and implements strategies and programs to achieve maximum sales volume and margin potential from our account(s)
- Support the sales team both locally and nationally, in achieving sales and company goals.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the organization
- Assist in developing both short and long-term goals with strategic plans to achieve results.
- Analyzes and controls organization expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Build relationships with field personnel and helps improve sales productivity.
- Acts as liaison between the sales force and upper management
- Works to ensure that all sales organizational objectives are stated and assigned.
- Proactively identifies innovative ways to improve the company’s sales process.
- Analyzes sales statistics to identify trends and opportunities to assist the President in promoting sales.
- Provide oversight on sample programs and manage resources to stay within assigned budgets
- Coordinates launch of new products and programs for the sales team
- Provide training support, stay abreast of product issues, opportunities and competitive landscape.
- Monitors and evaluates the sales programs and products of the competition.
- Help to grow the company brand through various marketing tools & social media
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, product pricing, and programs.
- Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization.
- Must be ownership minded and able to prioritize.
- Must have strong/proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Ten or more year’s sales experience
- Management experience is a plus.
- Expertise and/or working knowledge of the flooring industry
- Knowledge of carpet and hard surface industries preferred
- Strong leadership, organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Strong leadership experience, problem solving and the ability to multi-task.